The American Geriatrics Society's (AGS) GeriatricsCareOnline.org:
• Is your one-stop online resource to purchase AGS publications and products and to license online access to comprehensive content and topic-specific bundles of information tailored to meet your specific needs.
• Provides high-quality, trustworthy information created to ensure that all health care professionals have the latest research on caring for older adults.
• Offers an optimized search tool to enable you to search across the AGS product portfolio and quickly find tools and products that meet your specific needs.
How People Are Using GeriatricsCareOnline.org Content
• Clinician Educators are putting together customized teaching modules that allow them to address clinical topics with their trainees.
• Residency Program and Fellowship Directors are providing their trainees with the clinical tools that they need to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving health care environment.
• Geriatrics Advanced Practice Nursing Faculty have long relied on the Geriatrics Nursing Review Syllabus (GNRS) as the essential textbook for training the next generation of gerontologic and geriatric nurse practitioners. With all content online – and a new GNRS teaching slide set– these providers are turning to AGS for content to infuse the new core curriculum for all adult advanced-practice nurses, which requires unique content related to care of older adults.
• International Organizations and Governments are exploring site licenses with the goal of ensuring that health professionals in their countries are prepared to care for a rapidly expanding population of older adults.
• Institutions are licensing access to provide clinicians, researchers, and educators with a single source of reliable information that is focused on caring for older adults. They are customizing their licensed access to meet their particular needs. Participating institutions range in size from community hospitals seeking to improve clinical care to large academic medical centers that have multiple health professional schools and clinical sites.
• Corporations are purchasing content from GeriatricsCareOnline.org so that their employees can better understand the healthcare needs of older adults.
Registered users of GeriatricsCareOnline.org can enhance their experience while using the website by:
• Creating bookmarks for easy reference
• Taking notes within the content they are reading
• Personalizing patient handouts for their patients and their caregivers
• Emailing links to specific materials to a friend
• Saving search results using the powerful site search tools
• Creating a Personal Library of the content needed for later access