Shop By Product Types
- AGS Annual Meeting Presentations
- Audio Programs
- Books & Online Texts
- Clinical Guidelines & Recommendations
- Fellowship Assessment Toolkit (ADGAP)
- Geriatrics for Specialty Residents Toolkits
- Mobile Apps
- MOC Modules
- Patient Resources
- Special-Topic Bundle
- Teaching Slides
About this site
The American Geriatrics Society's (AGS) GeriatricsCareOnline.org:
• Is your one-stop online resource to purchase AGS publications and products and to license online access to comprehensive content and topic-specific bundles of information tailored to meet your specific needs.
• Provides high-quality, trustworthy information created to ensure that all health care professionals have the latest research on caring for older adults.
• Offers an optimized search tool to enable you to search across the AGS product portfolio and quickly find tools and products that meet your specific needs.
How People Are Using GeriatricsCareOnline.org Content
• Clinician Educators are putting together customized teaching modules that allow them to address clinical topics with their trainees.
• Residency Program and Fellowship Directors are providing their trainees with the clinical tools that they need to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving health care environment.
• Geriatrics Advanced Practice Nursing Faculty have long relied on the Geriatrics Nursing Review Syllabus (GNRS) as the essential textbook for training the next generation of gerontologic and geriatric nurse practitioners. With all content online – and a new GNRS teaching slide set– these providers are turning to AGS for content to infuse the new core curriculum for all adult advanced-practice nurses, which requires unique content related to care of older adults.
• International Organizations and Governments are exploring site licenses with the goal of ensuring that health professionals in their countries are prepared to care for a rapidly expanding population of older adults.
- • Institutions are licensing access to provide clinicians, researchers, and educators with a single source of reliable information that is focused on caring for older adults. They are customizing their licensed access to meet their particular needs. Participating institutions range in size from community hospitals seeking to improve clinical care to large academic medical centers that have multiple health professional schools and clinical sites.
• Corporations are purchasing content from GeriatricsCareOnline.org so that their employees can better understand the healthcare needs of older adults.
About Our Publications and Products
• Doorway Thoughts: Cross-Cultural Health Care for Older Adults is a series that addresses issues and concerns providing relevant details regarding the beliefs, traditions, and customs that would apply to clinical encounters with an older adult from 15 groups of diverse ethnic backgrounds.
• Geriatrics at Your Fingertips (GAYF), is an essential tool for evaluating and managing the diseases and disorders that most commonly affect older persons.
• Geriatrics Review Syllabus (GRS), synthesizes the latest developments in geriatric medicine for those who wish to expand and update their knowledge of the field. It includes 333 self-assessment questions that can be used to earn 90 AMA Category 1 PRA 1 Credit(s)™. GRS also is an indispensable tool for those who are preparing for certification and recertification exams.
• Geriatrics Evaluation & Management Tools: Clinical Templates to Support Clinicians and Systems that are Caring for Older Adults (GEMS) covers a range of key topic areas and offers 2-page clinical templates that follow a History & Physical (H&P) format to guide clinicians and trainees as they care for older adults.
• Geriatric Nursing Review Syllabus: A Core Curriculum in Advanced Practice Geriatric Nursing (GNRS) is a concise, up-to-date, and comprehensive text for advanced-practice geriatric nurses and is based on the GRS.
• Geriatric Care by Design provides information on physical and systems design strategies that optimize the health care setting for older adults.
• GRS Teaching Slides offer slide presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint™ on over 60 topics based on the content of the GRS.
• Geriatrics for Specialty Residents Toolkit is a free compendium of geriatrics education tools and resources for specialty residents, assembled from the work of the grantees under the AGS Geriatrics for Specialty Residents grant program and funded by the John A. Hartford Foundation.
• Healthinaging.org Tip Sheets provide easy-to-understand, authoritative, and up-to-date health tips for older adults and their caregivers. Registered users of GeriatricsCareOnline.org can customize these tips sheets with specific practice contact information.
• AGS Dementia, Delirium & Depression MOC Module provides an in-depth look at the diagnosis, treatment & management of Dementia, Delirium & Depression. After successful completion of this activity, ABIM diplomats are eligible to receive 10 points toward the required 20 in medical knowledge. Participants can also earn a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• AGS Patient Safety Module provides an in-depth look at the diagnosis, treatment, and management of Patient Saftey. After successful completion of this activity, American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) diplomates are elgiible to receive 8 points toward the required 20 in medical knowledge.
• Up-to-Date Webinars including:
- Coding Changes for 2015: Focus on Complex, Chronic and Advance Care CPT Codes Participants can earn a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s), or 1.0 AAPC CEU credit.
- Negotiating Quality Improvement Roles and Support focusing on the intersection of Implementation Science, Health Care transformation; and Federal Funding for research from NIH, PCORI, and CMMI.
- Navigating Intellectual Property Issues focusing on the speakers' experiences with intellectual property issues around the ePrognosis and MMSE tools, with a look at cross-cutting lessons for the participant’s own areas of work.
• AGS Clinical Practice Guidelines, Policy Papers, Pocket Cards, and more!
Registered users of GeriatricsCareOnline.org can enhance their experience while using the website by:
• Creating bookmarks for easy reference
• Taking notes within the content they are reading
• Personalizing patient handouts for their patients and their caregivers
• Emailing links to specific materials to a friend
• Saving search results using the powerful site search tools
• Creating a Personal Library of the content needed for later access