Shop By Product Types
- AGS Annual Meeting Presentations
- Audio Programs
- Books & Online Texts
- Clinical Guidelines & Recommendations
- Fellowship Assessment Toolkit (ADGAP)
- Geriatrics for Specialty Residents Toolkits
- Mobile Apps
- MOC Modules
- Patient Resources
- Special-Topic Bundle
- Teaching Slides
GRS Self-Assessment FAQs
1. Is there CME available with the GRS8?
Those completing the GRS8 program in print, as well as those doing it online, have the opportunity to apply for 90 AMA Category 1 PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ Many states require CME for physicians to maintain their licenses. All US licensing jurisdictions requiring CME recognize the AMA PRA credit system for all physicians and osteopaths (no matter their specialty). The GRS8 will not have AAFP or AOA credit available.
2. Will there be MOC available with the GRS8?
Because of the changes that the ABMS is making to the MOC process for all Boards, GRS8 will not have MOC credit. Commencing in 2014, AGS will be offering an annual online MOC product (with CME) that will carry 20 MOC credits as well as CME which will meet annual MOC/CME requirements from the Boards. Purchasers of the GRS8 will be offered these products at a discount.
3. What are the ABIM MOC changes?
Starting in January 2014, ABIM is moving to a more continuous process for those enrolled in the MOC program. Specifics about that change, and what it mean for our members can be found at http://moc2014.abim.org/ .
4. What is the difference between a Practice Test and the CME Exam?
Practice Tests allow you to test yourself on any or all GRS8 topics before taking the exam for credit. You can create as many Practice Tests as you like and you can customize each to be about the individual topic or topics of your choice. The CME Exam is comprehensive and covers all GRS8 topics.
5. How can I see how I did on a Practice Test?
After completing all questions in a Practice Test, you can submit the Test and then see the results in the "My Test Results & Tests in Progress" section.
6. Can I leave a Practice Test or the CME Exam in progress and complete it later?
Yes. You may choose to save and exit a Practice Test or the CME Exam at any point in time. The answers that you have submitted will be saved and you can resume taking the Practice Test or CME Exam by visiting the "My Test Results & Tests in Progress" section of the self-assessment program.
7.What is the "My Test Results & Tests in Progress" section and how do I use it?
This section allows you to resume any Practice Tests or the CME Exam in-progress and to view and access all of your Practice Test results and/or the results of your submitted CME exam.
For those who successfully complete the CME test with 70% or more of the questions answered correctly, a CME certificate will be available for downloading and printing from this section.
8.What is the difference between the "Pre-test" and the CME Exam?
The 10 Pre-test questions are designed to facilitate your study of the material before starting the GRS8 CME program. The 10 Pre-test questions are from the CME Exam and must be answered and submitted before you can start the CME Exam. Critiques are not provided for the 10 Pre-test questions, whereas critiques are provided on all of the CME Exam questions. Pre-test questions will be repeated within the list of CME Exam questions.
9.What are the features I can use when answering a question?
There are a number of features available to you with each question:
- Bookmark: you can bookmark a question that you wish to revisit at a later time. Bookmarked questions are accessible by selecting the "Bookmarked/Skipped Questions" button.
- Skip a Question:you can skip a question and complete it at a later time. When you advance to the next question without submitting an answer, you will be prompted to confirm that you wish to skip the question. You can access skipped questions by selecting the "Bookmarked/Skipped Questions" button.
- Related GRS8 Content:as a subscriber to GRS8, you can link to a GRS8 chapter that is related to a question. Select the "Related GRS8 Content" box while viewing an individual question and a link to the related GRS8 content will appear when your answer to the question is submitted.
- Save & Exit:you can save a Practice Test or the CME Exam at any point in time and resume taking a Test or the Exam by visiting the "My Results & Test in Progress" section. Select the "Save & Exit" button and you will be prompted to save and exit the Practice Test or CME Exam.
10. Can I see whether I have answered questions correctly without completing and submitting the CME Exam?
No. You must answer and submit all the questions in the CME Exam before you can see the exam results in the "My Test Results & Tests in Progress" section.
11. After a question is answered and submitted, can I go back and change my answer?
No. Once an answer is submitted, you cannot change it. However, you can create a new Practice Test in the same topic and answer the question again there. Also, on the CME Exam, if you answer fewer than 70% of the questions correctly, you can retake the CME exam.
12. How many questions do I have to get right to pass the CME Exam?
You have to answer 70% or more of the CME exam questions correctly to pass the exam.
13. What happens if I do not answer 70% or more of the CME Exam questions correctly?
If you do not answer at least 70% of the CME Exam questions correctly, you can retake the Exam.
14. If I do answer more than 70% of the CME Exam questions correctly, can I retake the Exam?
No. Once you have successfully completed the CME Exam, you cannot retake it. You can, however, review the answers and critiques for the CME Exam even after you have submitted your results.
15. How do I print my CME certificate?
Once you successfully complete the CME Exam (>70% of the answers correct), your CME certificate will be available for downloading and printing from the "My Test Results & Tests in Progress" section.
16. How many times can I print my CME certificate?
You can print your original certificate one time and can also print 2 duplicate copies. Duplicate copies are watermarked as such. Additional duplicate copies are not available for downloading and printing from the website.
17. What happens to my submitted GRS8 User Evaluation?
Feedback and suggestions received from submitted user evaluations about the GRS8 Self-Assessment program are reviewed as part of ongoing continuous improvements in the program and for planning the next GRS edition.